What we believe
Below is a summary of the central, foundational beliefs to which we hold at Grove Road Evangelical Church:
- We believe that the Bible is the word of God, that it is true and accurate in everything that is says.
- We believe in one God existing in three persons: Father, Son, Holy Spirit.
- We believe that the Son of God became man, that Jesus was both fully God and fully man, born of a virgin; that he came to be our Saviour and Lord.
- We believe that people are by nature sinners, living lives that are opposed to God, and standing under his judgement.
- We believe Jesus came into this world to provide a way for people to be saved from judgement and transformed into people who live as God intended.
- We believe that Jesus died on the cross bearing the sins of those who put their faith in him and bearing the punishment that these sins deserve.
- We believe that God offers us eternal life through putting our faith in the Lord Jesus and what he has done for us in his life, death and physical resurrection.
- We believe the Holy Spirit is given by God to live in those who put their faith in Jesus, to guide, to teach, to transform.
- We believe that Jesus is going to physically and visibly return to this world, to bring judgement on those who refuse his Lordship,
to reward those who have put their faith in him, to reign for ever, and to recreate the universe so that sin, death and suffering are never to be seen again.
Grove Road Evangelical Church believes the foundational creeds of mainstream Christianity dating back to the early days
of Christianity such as statements of belief known as the Apostles Creed and the Nicene Creed.
Union of Evangelical Churches
Road Evangelical Church, Chelmsford is a member of a group of churches known as the
Union of Evangelical Churches (UEC).
More information about the foundational beliefs of the UEC
and its member churches can be found on the UEC's Beliefs page.